KSUT Tribal Radio, in partnership with Rocky Mountain Public Media, is seeking a self-motivated
Independent Contractor in the role of Digital Media Specialist for Native Lens, a collaborative
storytelling project, inviting Native American and Indigenous storytellers to create and submit
short video mini-documentaries. More information can be found at www.nativelens.org
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated background in social media outreach, engagement
strategy development and implementation, can work with minimal guidance, has a flexible
schedule, and an established network working with Native American and Indigenous
organizations and individuals.
Social content: Run and maintain all Native Lens social media channels with
scheduled posts and updates.
Independent Contractor Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Social content: Run and maintain all Native Lens social media channels with
scheduled posts and updates.
- Social monitoring: Community management and monitoring of Native Lens digital
channels, including responding to comments and questions in a timely manner.
- Social listening: Help internal team understand key audiences and improve campaign
strategies by accessing the full spectrum of conversation around the community, brand,
and relevant topics.
- Social engagement: Become an advocate for Native Lens in social media spaces,
engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate; develop and expand
community and/or influencer outreach efforts beyond owned channels.
- Social reporting: Monitor, track and report on feedback and online communications;
provide reports to internal team.
- Proactively encourage new online submissions and respond or forward inquiries as
- Capture and share relevant engagement conversations with internal team members.
- Document processes and report to internal team on updates.
Required skills and background:
- Experience working with Native/Indigenous communities and customs.
- Proficient in social media outreach
- Proficient in searching via keywords using a variety of search engines.
- Experience developing and implementing engagement plans
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic graphic/image editing knowledge (resizing, rotating, searching).
- Basic video trimming skills for in-platform.
Independent Contractor shall commence, perform, and complete services and be
compensated by KSUT for such services in the following manner:
$1,400/month for a minimum of six months, unless otherwise negotiated. It is estimated
that approximately 10-15 hrs./week will be required to complete the tasks outlined above.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references by March 1st 2021
Sheila Nanaeto, KSUT Tribal Radio Station Manager, Sheila@ksut.org
Preference will be given to qualified Native American applicants in accordance with the
Southern Ute Indian Tribal Employment Rights Code. Appropriate verification of Native
American status is required. Other than the aforementioned, Federal Law requires that all
applications be considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age or national origin.
KSUT Tribal Radio:
KSUT Tribal Radio was founded in 1975 by the Southern Ute Indian Tribe as a means of
communication with tribal members. KSUT is now an independent non-profit organization and
has two distinct FM signals: Four Corners Public Radio and Tribal Radio. Based in Ignacio,
Colorado KSUT Tribal Radio serves the Southern Ute, Ute Mountain Ute, Jicarilla Apache and
portions of the Navajo Nation with its terrestrial signals, and streams its signal at http://www.tribalradio.org
Rocky Mountain Public Media:
Rocky Mountain Public Media is a non-commercial media organization and Colorado’s largest
statewide, member-supported, multimedia organization and the parent company of Rocky
Mountain PBS (RMPBS), KUVO JAZZ and THE DROP. Rocky Mountain Public Media has more
than 90,000 members representing every county in Colorado and reaches 98 percent of the
state’s citizens through television, radio and digital platforms. http://www.rmpbs.org