August 19, 2022
Uptick in monkeypox cases in Colorado
Colorado is reporting a significant uptick in Monkeypox cases. Most cases have been found in Denver amongst young men.
By Sarah Flower
- Out of almost 170 confirmed cases of monkeypox in the state, 6 have been hospitalized and zero fatalities.
- The state is showing fewer than 3 confirmed cases in La plata county.
- Over 4300 people being vaccinated with the Jynneos vaccine.
- San Juan Basin Public testing is available with local health care providers.
- The state is also showing that more than half of those infected are white, but hispanic and black people make up a disproportionate amount of cases.
- Colleges and universities welcoming students back in the coming weeks, state epidemiologist Rachel Hurlihey says they’ve been working with partners in higher education and are preparing for some sort of spread of monkeypox on campuses.
Don't have time to listen subscribe to KSUT Tribal Radio Podcast and listen whenever. TRT [2:27]
Copyright 2022 by KSUT Tribal Radio